Friday, January 15, 2010

A Day of Faithfulness to You

January 15: Psalm 36:5-10

"Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds,
 Your righteousness is like the mountains of God."

 I find it difficult to express with words how this verse speaks to me.  The faithfulness of God is one of my favorite things to think about, and I love the imagery in this Psalm.

I have tried and tried to begin to write something about the faithfulness of God, but I keep remembering specific circumstances in which God was so faithful.  Even when I was not.

Pause to remember, today, how faithful our God is.  His faithfulness is bigger than anything we can imagine, even if we have very good imaginations.  Let's employ our imaginations to remembering the faithfulness of God in our own lives, even when we have been unfaithful, and to encourage our hearts to trust that he will be faithful in time to come.

Father, help us to remember your faithfulness in our own lives, and, as we do, dear savior, make us faithful.  May today be "a day of faithfulness to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment